Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What does Home Savers do?
- A: Home Savers of Delaware County repairs homes of low-income homeowners. We assist those aging in place, disabled and families who qualify for help. We thank the many volunteers who support us in making needed repairs in our community.
- A: There are no charges for our services but we accept and encourage contributions. Contributions can be monetary or simply by giving back to someone in need by volunteering.
- A: We fund through the generous support of the Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, the United Way of Delaware County, churches and private donors.
- A: We have skilled and unskilled volunteers and we make every effort to enlist their support however, at times we find it necessary to hire contractors. Hiring a contractor is done on an as needed basis. This decision is made at sole discretion of Home Savers.
- A: There are times we discover more repairs are needed, but due to the commitments to others, these may be scheduled for a later date.
- A: Prior to the start of your home repairs we ask that you tell your family and friends of our program and ask them to assist us with your repairs. We accept skilled and unskilled labor...Everyone is Welcome!